About Dr Peter Yau
Presentations & Publications
Contact PSY Pty Ltd
Phone: 0419 559 658
Presentations and Publications
Dr Yau has delivered many presentations to audiences at international, national and state conference,
congress and seminar meetings.
He has also spoken to many private bodies such as local garden clubs, radio interviews and school groups.
With the Burnley College of The University of Melbourne, Dr Yau has delivered five commissioned
Arboriculture training courses to the Hong Kong Government biennially since 1994. These papers are
published in the relevant proceeding publications.
Publications and Presentations
The following are Published Papers and Invited Papers presented to International, National and State
conferences and seminars organised by professional learned institutes and societies.
Dr Peter Yau is the author of the following publications:
- Yau DP (2001) 'New Technology in Tree Pruning' (Chinese language publication) Published by the Hong Kong Government Department of Agriculture Fisheries & Conservation. Government Printer Hong Kong
- Hannah BL & Yau DP (1993) 'Avenues and Boulevards: A Guide to Their Tree Management' Publisher RAIPR/MCC. ISBN 0 908464 46 0
- Yau DP (1987) Paper on Urban Trees Computerised Inventory System at Urban Forestry Conference, Orlando Florida USA in August 1987
- Yau DP (1988) Paper on Tree Growth Regulators at RAIPR Conference at Springvale Town Hall, April 1988. (Published in Proceedings)
- Yau DP & Sands R (1989) Paper on Elm Root Sucker Biomechanics at International Symposium in Tree Physiology, in Nice France, May 1989
- Yau DP (1991) Paper on Management of Urban Tree Diseases and Pests at Burnley Centenary Conference - VCAH Burnley July 1991. (Published in Proceedings)
- Yau DP (1991) Paper on Physiology of Tree Root Growth at RAIPR Annual Conference in Melbourne Sept 1991. (Published in Proceedings)
- Yau DP (1992) Paper on Management of Dutch Elm Disease at Elm Trees Seminar at University of Melbourne October 1992. (Published in Proceedings)
- Yau DP (1993) Paper on Economy of Water Use by City Trees at RAIPR Victoria State Conference in Melbourne, March 1993. (Published in Proceedings)
- Yau DP (1993) Paper on Tree Work Comparative Efficiency: CCT at RAIPR Seminar at VCAH Burnley in July 1993. (Published in Proceedings)
- Beardsell DV, Nichols D, Yau DP (1993) Paper on Fertilizers Requirements for Tree Health at RAIPR Seminar at VCAH Burnley in July 1993. (Published in Proceedings)
- Yau DP (1994) Paper on Issues Concerning Injection of Tree Growth Regulators at RAIPR 2nd National Urban Tree Conference in Canberra, May 1994. (Published in Proceedings)
- Yau DP (1994) Paper on Design of Structures and Root Barriers at RAIPR 2nd National Urban Tree Conference in Canberra, May 1994. (Published in Proceedings)
- Yau DP (1996) Paper on Cost Benefit Analysis of Street Trees at Conference of Australian Arboricultural Association at Heidelberg, October 1996.
- Yau DP (1997) Paper on Selection Criteria of Street Trees at Conference of RAIPR and Qld Arboricultural Association, at Coolum Queensland, August 1997.
- Yau DP (1997) Keynote Address on Elm Tree Management at Elm Tree Seminar organised by Department of Natural Resources and Environment at Melbourne Town Hall, October 1997
- Yau DP (1998) Paper on Trees and Residential Dwelling Cracking Damage on Clay Soils to RAIA Archi-centre Seminar April 1998 and to Foundation Engineers Seminar October 1998.
- Yau DP (1982) 'Street Trees in Melbourne' in Arboricultural Journal Vol.6(2) May 1982
- Yau DP & Sands R (1992) 'Soil water content, soil strength and growth of elm root suckers' in Tree Physiology Vol.11(4) Sept 1992
- Beardsell DV, Yau DP, Harrison PC (1993) 'Development of Elite Native Trees for Ornamental Horticulture' in Journal of Australian Horticulture, August 1993
- Yau DP (1999) 'Technology for Restoration of Degraded Environment' Invited paper presented at the IFPRA Asia-Pacific Congress at Hangzhou China October 1999
- Yau DP (2000) 'Management of Infectious Diseases in Urban Trees' Invited paper presented at the National Conference on Mundella Yellow Disease at Adelaide June 2000.
The above publications and presentations are available by contacting PSY Pty Ltd directly.
To do this, simply click on the title of the item you are interested in to initiate your email client.
The email will have the title of the item you are requesting in the email's Subject line.